Native Ideals, Arlee, MT

Native Ideals, Arlee, MT

Sunday, June 15, 2014

Sunday Funday

Hey, guys! This is Jordan coming to you (still) from Native Ideals Seed Farm in Arlee, MT. Happy Sunday and Father's Day.

Today has been a great day. We finished our memorial garden project we've been working on with Sunni, our new friend/Arlee neighbor. We started yesterday morning and worked hard getting a slate walkway formed and lining the already existing beds with brick. Today we laid and leveled another walkway made with pavers and filled all the little nooks with sand and gravel. We still have some weeding to do tomorrow, but that's a piece of cake.

It was such a reward to see the smile on Sunni's face after we finally finished.

Sunni is one of our new favorites. She has a wonderful energy about her and while we worked with her we did get the pleasure of some great stories. Sunni is an artist, former-hippie, author, traveler, and lover of beautiful things. Our relating moment though came when she and I found out we both had our spines fused at the age of 17! Can you believe it? I couldn't. I love meeting people who have also had spinal fusion, especially due to scoliosis. It's fun for me to learn how other people cope and the complications I may encounter one day. So far the best advice I've gotten is to stay active and yoga. I think the path I'm on should lead me in the right direction. Besides, that's what Logan, the medicine woman, is for. Herbal healing, y'all!

Speaking of herbal healing, we're leaving Arlee this week to head to a farm just north of Spokane, WA. It's a small farm set up by two retired teachers from Alaska and the woman is into natural medicines and herbal healing. They are actually fully booked for the summer, but are allowing us to stop by for a couple of days as a mid-way point between here and Seattle, which we have to be in by July 15th. It's going to be a great learning stop and we are all super excited. Today Sunni told us about a place called Lookout Pass in Idaho that I vote we HAVE to stop at. It is a bike path along the old railroad that involves great scenery and some sweet tunnels! I am stoked!

Anywho, that's all the information I've got right now. We will upload a few pictures soon so you guys can see what all of that meant. I hope you guys have an awesome Sunday!
Talk to you soon,
J.


No comments:

Post a Comment