Native Ideals, Arlee, MT

Native Ideals, Arlee, MT

Thursday, June 19, 2014

To Do Lists.

One of my favorite things to do is to organize and put things in there place. 

That being said, I love making to-do lists. I like being able to see and cross off the things I need to do. 

I remember making lists when I lived in Lafayette that would take me 3 weeks to finish. THREE WEEKS! Holy cow. Between working, biking, animal sitting, friend-ing, and drinking -- my life was chaotic, to say the least. After getting out of the Rat Race, as they call it, my things to do have gone from too many to barely being able to think of 3 bullets for my lists. It's an absolutely wonderful feeling. 

Now a day in my life should make people jealous. It's so simple
Simplicity is key.

Our days consist of : waking up at our leisure (usually before 8am), coffee/ breakfast, 5-6 hours of gardening, and then literally ANYTHING WE WANT TO DO for the rest of the day. 


Why don't more people garden? Why are people so afraid of "hard work"? 
Gardening is challenging in its own ways, but not anything like the rat race. Not anything like your brain being so full of thoughts and to-dos and whens and wheres. Don't think that I haven't been there. There was a time in my life when my dad told me I was sending enough texts in a day to fill up every minute of my day. I was also working, driving, schooling, friend-ing, family-ing, and sleeping somewhere in those days. That is absurd! No wonder I ended up totaling my cars, dropping out of college (twice), and going to a counselor. 

What I've learned: Life is as hard as you make it. You complicate your own life by the decisions you make and how you let it effect you.

Through the last few years I have learned to breathe, relax, and go with the flow.








I don't think this lead to where I expected it, but there it is. Now we're off to start our last day in Arlee, MT. We are going to do some gardening for Rebecca's mom, move some boulders for Sunni and Merrill, and then get ready to roll tomorrow morning. 

We love you. We miss you. We hope you're well.
Have an amazing Thursday.


The Adventure Continues,
Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment